My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.diamondthread.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Beemers ahoy

None of my close friends need to be told about my love for the beemers. According to me, they are an embodiment of power, with right amount of styling and muscle (there's difference between power and muscle, torque and HP!). There are the AMGs with overkill looks and straight line drag power, and 'I am upscale' screaming Audis. There are other wannabes like the new G8, and the axed Crossfires, but they can't hold their swords against the new M3, redlining at 8400 RPM.

Do watch the below videos to get an idea of what I am bragging about.
Top gear's comparison between BMW's new M3 and Mercedes C63 AMG and Audi RS4.
Part 1
Part 2

Now when I saw the below video, I simply can't resist from doing my part in spreading the word.



The edifice for the spot began with a tour of BMW's M facility in Munich, where the IdeaCity crew studied the inner workings of the M3's 4.0-liter V8. They had three complete engines shipped out to Belgium, where manifolds were cut, cylinders were shaved and lighting holes were drilled to mount special cameras, lenses and lights. After two weeks of intensive study and preparation, the team took another four, 20-hour days to film what happens inside the 420 hp mill during a single revolution. The completed spot was filmed at 10,000 frames-per-second and doesn't utilize any form of computer-generated effects. We've already watched it a half a dozen times and we think you'll do the same. Courtesy : Autoblog