My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.diamondthread.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Last week

Last week was a terrific one. Maybe one of the best weeks in my life.
It all started on monday morning, when I went to office after my
'isolation' vacation for a week and a half. I was cured completely
and the fact that I can take bath how many ever times a day I want
and eat my favourite foods (veggie for the 1st month) was good.
The moment I entered, no one wished me, and I couldnt see my friends
in their cube as I walked towards mine, only to find they all were
gathered in mine, gave a big 'welcome back' scream, and a cake cutting
ceremony.. I felt awesome.
Then came the wacky wednesday, stressfull day since one of the servers
was experiencing network problems, wrongly diagnosed as a database one
and put on my head, only to get proved by me that it wasnt in my domain.

TOOL concert : one of the best I've been to (ok, I've been to only 4 major
concerts in my life, In flames, Vegas, Blur, and an idiotic band). It
started with some Kingkin guys playing tool like psychedelic guitar
instrumental music for an hour. From dallas, and rocking like this was
awesome, cos rap,hip/hop rules the scene now. Then after a 40 minute
setup wait came the monstors of so called "wise-man's metal".
They started out with my present favourite 'Jambi', riffs that pierced
the hardest of the hearts, and drums that were one of the best.
After some old material from their aenema days, and prison days, came
the awesome schiesm, and lateralus, parabola, wings for mary,
Rosetta stone, and finished with vicarious.
Full 2 hours of continuous music and I did not sit for a second then. It
was one of the best, but the only con was that there were no live cameras
for the band, I couldnt see clearly the faces of Keenan and danny.

Florida : After the concert, and 2 working days came the trip to floridaaaa,Miamiiiii.. Went to west palm beach to meet up 2 friends, one recent and one from my undergrad days, Deva. Total city rounds, and Miami rocked. The place, weather, beaches, water, people, all out of the world. The trip was shortened because of the freaking bad weather we were gifted with.
I read half of the book ' Special topics in calamity physics' by some Marisha Pissl. Her 1st book, landing in top 10 books of 2006 by NY times. The story,as far as I read, was very straightforward and simple, but the way of telling it and the visuals were the ones that made this stand out of the rest. Try it guys, if you are a serious reader, and you'll love it, I promise..